Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, established in 2014, is one of India’s premier National Law Universities. MNLU Mumbai was established with a commitment to foster an environment of excellence in research, scholarship, education and justice.
About Justice ML Pendse Chair in Environmental Law
Due to an observable lack of legal academia dedicated to Environmental Law in India, the Justice ML Pendse Chair in Environmental Law aims to foster legal environmental education by promoting and undertaking research activities exclusively in the field, in collaboration with national and international stakeholders.
- All students enrolled bona fide in an Undergraduate of Law, ie, three years/ five years from any College or University shall be eligible for participation in the Competition.
- Each College/University/Institution shall be allowed to register only one team in the Competition.
- A team can have a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. In the case of 2 team members, both of them shall be the speakers and any one of the two may appear for the researcher’s test.
- In the case of a 3 member team, two team members shall be speakers and one will be a researcher.
- Any change in the team’s composition will not be entertained once the memorials have been submitted, except in medical emergencies.
How to Register?
- Interested candidates may register for the competition through the link provided at the end of this post.
- While filling out the form, the teams have to provide a Point of Contact (POC). All official communications will be made with the said POC, who, in turn, will be responsible for conveying all relevant information to the team.
- Any changes in the contact details of any team members shall be notified to the OC immediately. This obligation shall continue throughout the period of the Competition.
- The OC from the Registration Forms will prepare all Certificates for each participating team member. Thus, it is incumbent upon the participants to ensure that their names are spelled correctly.
- The Initial Registration Fee for the teams will be INR 2,000 for the scrap qualifier round, and post-team selection will be INR 9,000.
- The registration fee will be non-refundable and paid by all teams, irrespective of their participation in the Oral Rounds.
- The post-team selection fee includes food, accommodation and travel provided by the organizers.
Awards and Rewards
- Winning Team: INR 1,00,000/-
- Runners-up: INR 60,000/-
- Best Speaker: INR 30,000/-
- Best Researcher: INR 30,000/-.
- Best Memorial – Applicant and Best Memorial – Respondent: INR 20,000/- each.
- Release of brochure and flyer – November 5, 2022
- Release of proposals and rules – November 5, 2022
- Last date of registration – December 15, 2022
- Last date for raising doubts and clarifications – December 16, 2022
- Release of clarification –December 28, 2022
- Submission Memo – January 15, 2023
- Result of Memo Selection – January 22, 2023
- Last date of Final Registration – February 5, 2023
- Inauguration of the Moot Court Competition and the Researchers Test – February 24, 2023
- Preliminary rounds and Quarter Finals – February 25, 2023
- Semi-Finals, Finals and Valedictorian Ceremony – February 26, 2023
In case of any queries, please contact:
- Convener (Gaurav Balpande): 8087886379
- Co-convener (Nardeep Chawla): 6265012280
- Email ID: mlpendse[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in