About National Legal University, Jodhpur
National Law University, Jodhpur is a public law school and a National Law University established under the National Law University, Jodhpur, Act, 1999 enacted by the Rajasthan State Legislature.
About the Blog
The Center for Criminal Law Studies (“CCLS”) was established to carry out intense research work on issues pertaining to the Criminal Justice System in India. In its long-term existence, the Center has submitted comprehensive policy papers on Investigation and Prosecution to the law reforms committee.
Currently, the Center undertakes research in specified areas; namely; Criminology, Criminal Psychology, International Criminal Law and Justice, Police Sciences, Investigation and Prison Administration. The Center also organizes lectures on relevant issues.
To this effect, the Center works in association with national reputation institutions like the Bureau of Police Research and Development in organizing focused training programs for the specific target group of police officials. Pursuant to its research mandate, the Center started The Criminal Law Blog in September
The Blog has featured significant posts from legal practitioners, leading academicians, and students, and has a monthly viewership of around 20,000.
About Call for Blogs
The Criminal Law Blog (“TCLB”) is pleased to invite submissions for the blog. It welcomes all kinds of submissions, including (but not limited to) articles, research pieces, opinions, case comments, and short notes on criminal law.
They invite submissions from students, academicians, law practitioners, and every criminal law enthusiast.
Articles which focus on or have an interplay with criminal law, especially contemporary developments and novel ideas. These include:
- Domestic Criminal Law [Substantive and Procedural]
- International Criminal Law [Substantive and Procedural]
- The interface between criminal law and other legal domains
- Legislative and Policy Analysis
- Analysis of the latest judgments
- Movie Reviews in light of any significant criminal law issue
- Submissions for the blog shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The submission should be an original work, not exceeding 1500 words. However, flexibility is allowed if the context so requires it and the quality is maintained.
- All relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text.
- The cover page of the e-mail must include a brief description of the author.
- The authors are encouraged to provide a relevant photograph regarding the subject matter of the article.
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgment of the receipt of the article from the Editorial Board. The Board shall try its best to update the authors within 14 days from the day of acknowledgment.
- The content should be written in Times New Roman font with a size of 12.
- Line Spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
How to Submit?
The article must be submitted in an MS Word document to [email protected]
In case of any queries, please contact ccls[at]gmail.com