On Wednesday 30th November and Thursday 1st Decemberthe Court will hear the conjoined appeals In the matter of an application by James Hugh Allister and others for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), In the matter of an application by Clifford Peoples for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland). In these conjoined appeals, the appellants challenge the lawfulness and constitutionality of the respondents’ decisions and actions in the negotiation, implementation, and operation of the Northern Ireland Protocol. The issues raised concern the constitutional settlement of the UK, the operation and interpretation of the Belfast Agreement, and the effect of the Withdrawal Agreement between the UK and the EU and the Protocol in domestic law. The judgment on appeal is  NICA 15.
The following Supreme Court judgments remain outstanding: (As of 2/12/22)
- The Law Debenture Trust Corporation plc v Ukraine (Represented by the Minister of Finance of Ukraine acting upon the instructions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine) Nos. 2 and 3, heard 9-12 December 2019
- East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust v Flowers and Ors, heard 22 June 2021
- Fearn and others v Board of Trustees of the Tate Gallery heard 7th December 2021
- Stanford International Bank Ltd (in liquidation) v HSBC Bank PLC, heard 19th January 2022
- Canada Square Operations Ltd v Potter, heard 14th June 2022
- DB Symmetry Ltd and another v Swindon Borough Council, heard 12th July 2022.
- Reference by the Attorney General for Northern Ireland – Abortion Services (Safe Access Zones) (Northern Ireland) Bill, heard 19th July 2022
- R (on the application of VIP Communications Ltd (In Liquidation)) v Secretary of State for the Home Department, heard 4th October 2022
- McCue v Glasgow City Council, heard 18th October 2022
- Unger and another (in substitution for Hasan) v Ul-Hasan (deceased) and another, heard 20th October 2022
- In the matter of an application by Rosaleen Dalton for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), heard 26th October 2022.
- Brake and another v Chedington Court Estate Ltd, heard 1st November 2022
- Barton and others v Morris and another in place of Gwyn–Jonesheard 3rd November 2022.
- Sara & Hossein Asset Holdings Ltd (a company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands) v Blacks Outdoor Retail Ltd, heard 8th November 2022
- R (on the application of Pearce and another) v Parole Board of England and Wales, heard 9th November 2022
- News Corp UK & Ireland Ltd v Commissioners for His Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, heard 22nd November 2022
- R (on the application of Maguire) v His Majesty’s Senior Coroner for Blackpool & Fylde and another, heard 22nd November 2022.
- In the matter of an application by James Hugh Allister and others for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), In the matter of an application by Clifford Peoples for Judicial Review (Northern Ireland), heard 30 November – 1 December